NGS Book Loan Collection
Collection highlights include
- More than 6,000 family histories;
- State, county, and local histories;
- Abstracts of records of cemeteries, churches, courts, deeds, marriages, wills and other probate records;
- Strong holdings for states along the East Coast and New England.
Finding an Item of Interest
- Search the St. Louis County Library catalog for a subject, title, author, or keyword. There may be two records for the same title:
Call numbers beginning with "R" (for example, R929.3) are reference items and do not circulate outside the library.
Call numbers without an "R" (for example, 929.3 or Q929.3) do circulate and can be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan.
- Print the catalog record of the book you want. Take the printout to the Interlibrary Loan department of your local library to order the book.
Remember, an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a transaction between libraries, so you must contact your home library to initiate any ILL request. The web page Interlibrary Loan Procedures for the National Genealogical Society Book Loan Collection provides helpful information for both librarians and patrons.
Donating Books to the Collection
St. Louis County Library
1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
Phone: (314) 994-3300 ext. 208