Mastering Genealogical Proof
Order your copy today of this essential guide to genealogical research. The National Genealogical Society presents this important work as part of its Special Topic series.
As a unique textbook on genealogical methods and reasoning in the twentyfirst century, Mastering Genealogical Proof guides readers in acquiring genealogical skills transcending chronological, ethnic, geopolitical, and religious boundaries.
About the Book and Author
Mastering Genealogical Proof aims to help researchers, students, and new family historians reconstruct relationships and lives of people they cannot see. It presents content in digestible chunks. Each chapter concludes with problems providing practice for proficiently applying the chapter’s concepts. Those problems, like examples throughout the book, use real records, real research, and real issues. Answers are at the back of the book along with a glossary of technical terms and an extensive resource list.
Thomas W. Jones, who has pursued his family history since he was fifteen, is an award-winning genealogical researcher, writer, editor, and educator.
- Chapter 1 - Genealogy’s Standard of Proof
- Chapter 2 - Concepts Fundamental to the GPS
- Chapter 3 - GPS Element 1: Thorough Research
- Chapter 4 GPS Element 2: Source Citations
- Chapter 5 GPS Element 3: Analysis and Correlation
Chapter 6 GPS Element 4: Resolving Conflicts and Assembling Evidence
- Chapter 7 GPS Element 5: The Written Conclusion
- Chapter 8 - Using the GPS
- Chapter 9 - Conclusion
- Appendix A - Pritchett Article
- Appendix B - McLain Article
- Reading and Source List
- Answers to exercises
You can order your copy of Mastering Genealogical Proof today. Order online (payment in full required at time of order).