NGS Newsletter Competition
Deadline for Submissions—31 December Annually
To recognize the hard work, long hours, and creativity that editors devote to their newsletters.
- Major genealogical and/or historical societies
- County/local genealogical and/or historical societies
- Family associations
- The winning society or association in each of the three categories will receive a complimentary one-year organizational NGS membership.
- Feature in the NGS Magazine
- Each applicant must be an NGS member organization.
- Newsletter must be submitted by the society or association—not by an individual.
- Four copies of two consecutive issues from the current year must be submitted along with the completed entry form.
Guidelines for Newsletter Competition
Guidelines (PDF 188KB)
- A panel of three judges will review both issues of the newsletter using the following criteria
* material interest, variety and originality;
* writing and editing quality;
* readability and attractiveness; and
* overall publication makeup.
- Your newsletter will not be evaluated on the correctness of its genealogical content.
- The panel’s comments will be evaluated and tallied.
- The president of each entry organization will be notified of the competition results.
- A representative of the winning organization will be presented a certificate at the opening session of the next NGS Family History Conference.
Application for Newsletter Competition
Application Form (PDF 178KB)
Mail the materials to:
NGS Newsletter Competitions
National Genealogical Society
3108 Columbia Pike, Suite 300
Arlington, Virginia 22204-4370 USA
Questions? Contact the NGS Awards Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.